Saturday 21 February 2015

Sewing Therapy: How sewing is helping me through a rough patch.

So I guess this is my first official blog post! It's take a while as I have had a bunch of really horrible things going on in my personal life and I have been trying very hard to get my mental health sorted but I'm feeling so much better now!

The thing that has got me through this the most is actually sewing. My psychiatrist said it is good the I have this creative outlet in which I can channel all this difficulty into and made something productive out of it. Every time I feel tense, stressed, anxious, sad or overwhelmed, I just get on my sewing machine and start creating and my mind calms down. This of course means I have a lot of things to blog about!

The first thing I have made this year has been a cute 3/4 (ish) tiki print circle skirt! I had a few issues with not having as much fabric as I thought so I full circle was out of the question. I drafted up a pattern from my measurements and had to made some changes which meant putting in more panels in that I had originally planned to get it a bit bigger. But overall I'm pretty happy with the result!

I will start documenting the processes better on the next post!

Lady De Vil x

Photos are taken by my P.U.F.F (Pin Up Friend Forever) Madam Rou creator of Cherry Bomb Couture.





No comments:

Post a Comment